Thursday, December 13, 2007

More Allergy Advice

Cat Fancy's May 2007 issue suggests that to further prevent allergen collection, experts recommend replacing curtains and drapes with blinds, verticals or solid shades. (already have those) "Make the home easier to keep clean," says James M. Seltzer, an Oceanside, Calif-based allergist and chairman of the Indoor Allergy Committee of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. He suggests replacing carpet with hardwood or tile flooring (have that), minimizing upholstered furiture (forget that) throughout the home, and using throw rugs that are washed easily. Above all, keep bedrooms off-limits to cats--aha--there's my plan! My house is tiled but has carpeting in the bedrooms, and shades on the windows. I'm going to try to clear Gigi out of my bedroom and see if that helps. The problem is not keeping her out at night, but during the day. Her princess pillow is on the windowsill in there. . . and I don't know if I have the heart to move it.

No comments: