Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cat stories

I am asthmatic and allergic to all sorts of things, like grass, dust, pollen, mold, cats and dogs, corn and freshly vacuumed carpets. Although I don't vacuum (I hire cleaners) I do eat corn. Late September, usually about right now, just one week before my birthday (October 2nd) I desperately fight sinus issues and clogged ears and headaches. Inhalers, nose sprays, and ibuprofen become my saviors. But here I am, a cat owner, with a cat that sleeps on my bed and breathes in my face. Her name is Gigi, short for Giselle. Early yesterday morning I locked her in my room for 15 minutes while I made turkey sandwiches. I ignored her meowing, but later discovered she'd used my bathroom sink as her litter box. Great start to another fun day.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Don't forget about those wonderful feline anal sac secretions. They must be great for allergies.

sunflower said...

That's the point! This writer loves Gigi so much she puts up with having her allergies exacerbated! I look forward to reading more about Gigi...